Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Terrifying Tuesday- Smudgefest

Today is day 2 of Smudgefest over on the Smudgy Antics blog, if you haven't yet checked it out you really should! The seven days of challenges boasts a huge grand prize at the end, and even if you haven't participated in all challenges, there are still daily prizes to be won.

For today the theme is Terrifying Tuesday and I have made the sample. The challenge is to use your favorite scary Smeared Ink stamp. I chose to work with an image from our As Death stamp set, now available only through our Smeared Ink Rubber Club as a past club offering. I chose this image because, although we have-I dare say- numerous scary stamps, this one just creeps me out and calls to me all at the same time.

click for larger view

I didn't do much to the sample because I wanted the image to speak for itself, so I stamped and then drew the background with ink. I colored the wings in blue, although it's hard to see in the pics, and added shading to the whole thing with charcoal and pencils. Finally I added deep red (almost black) jewels to the bottom, along with my saying.

I hope you enjoy this simple card, and that you get a chance to participate this week in Smudgefest! See you in a few days with another sample.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card. I think the background you created is perfect for the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple!! I think not. I am not sure how long it took you to draw that background, but know that it is truely appreciated! I would not know the first thing to do with charcoal pencils, but now want them!! Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete