Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Smeared Ink New Release Hop

Thanks for joining us in celebration of our new Smeared Ink Halloween Release. The members of the Smeared Ink Design Team have gotten together to show off exciting projects that feature some of the fantastic new images you can get in our shop today. We have released five new rubber sets and five new digi sets, all themed around the scariest time of the year, and hope that you will love them as much as we do! We'll also be adding in digi's throughout the month.

For my project, I used an image and sentiment from our new digi set "Part of the Pack". I made a pocket card that has a pull out insert. The background was created using paint and inks, and the little tree on the front was stamped using a plastic button. My sentiment was cut out and added to the top of a metal distressed tag.


*click pics for larger views

What a pretty creepy scene, right? But wait, what does that saying mean? Let's see what's on the inside...



Ha ha! I just love this image, and think she looks really wild! I colored her with my prismacolors, and made sure to keep the coloring really shadowy and dark. Her eyes were dotted with bright yellow paint pen to bring them out. Then I took one of the sayings included in the set and altered it to the one you see here. What a Howling good, time, right?



I hope this gives you some ideas for using "Part of the Pack". I myself CAN'T WAIT to see what the rest of the team has done with their images! They all have different ones than me, so be sure to check them all out! Then come by the shop and see what we've added in for your Halloween pleasure!

Tori

Alison

Kelli

Kathi

Danielle

Black Dragon

Kim

Lady Brayton

Meredith



Thanks for stopping by, be sure to swing by the Smeared and Smudged Forum to get information about 31 Days of Halloween, and all the September challenges that will be posted by the end of the day today. Have fun hopping!

14 comments:

  1. thats so freaky Terra its absolutely awesome,that stamp set is totally fantastic...hugs Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori- I LOVE the awesome technique with the sliding tag! The sentiments on both the inside and out totally rock and make the story speak for itself!! I live the color scheme and your coloring is your shewolf is stunning. ESPECIALLY her eyes!! just wild!

    xoxo
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding all the new stamps are fantastic. The DT have pulled out all the stops on this blog hop fantastic work by all
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMFG! This is beyond outstanding! I am in looooove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! I love your paint technique! And what a great idea to have a pull out tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm so creeped out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terra.... totally wicked...awesome... amazing.... i love it, you always create amazing art. THANK YOU!
    Love lynx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pocketcard is amazing, looks really scary and cool! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah yeah yeah...we know you're the queen of dark things. LOL. This absolutely rocks! I love the shadowey night scene and the sentiments are perfectly placed. I'm really diggin' the moon too...please teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So awesome Terra! I love the distressing and the moon it looks so real! :)

    ReplyDelete