Monday, July 5, 2010

Simply Betty Blog Hop...London Birthday Hardware

Ooooohhh...hardware! These are a few of my favorite things! Today the Smeared and Smudged Design Team is hopping along with Simply Betty Stamps and their super grungy-cute "My Kids Emo World" stamps. We were all challenged to make a project that was grungy-hardware, and it worked perfectly for me because my daughter's birthday is next week. Perfect challenge to make a birthday card for her!

I didn't want to grunge it up too much, since it's for her. Although she definitely takes after me and loves the darker themes, I still wanted the project to reflect her personality, which is kinda diva-grunge.

So, I chose to work with London, whose familiar is a cat. London immediately reminded me of my daughter; prissy and a little evil, ha ha! To work in the hardware, I chose to make a separate piece that comes off the card and turns into a necklace charm. Something that she will love to wear!

*click pics for larger views


You can see in the pics that I tore and layered a greenish paper in the background. The paper came from the inside of a package that I received a while back, and you may remember it from another card that I used it on way back when. The paper is SO COOL because when you tear it, the inside is black.



I colored London and cut her out, then simply popped her up on foam dots. The letters are stickers, and I added white gel pen lines to them. Then I worked on the charm with hardware.



Starting with a punched black square, I layered the same green paper onto the back of it. The front got a coat of black glitter glue, and the cute little cat that I had previously colored. After the glue dried, I sandwiched the square in the middle of two pieces of memory glass, and stuck it in a frame. Then I added some jump rings and these neat looking bolts. Finally, I tied a big black bow on the top of it and attached it to the card with more jump rings.

I know that she will LOVE this card, and the charm will be worn often, if not all the time. And I also know I will be using ths stamp for other projects pertaining to her, because it just fits her so well!!

So, now that you've seen what I've done with these great Simply Betty stamps, hop through the other S&S DT member blogs. Then visit Debbie, one of the Simply Betty Design Team Members, and Betty herself! You're sure to see some amazing grungy hardware featuring the "My Kids Emo World" stamps.

Terra

Tori

Alison

Kelli

Jean

Sarah

Danielle

Black Dragon

Lady Brayton

Meredith

Kim

Kathi

Lisa



Debbie

Betty Betty has had an emergency and won't get to play today :(

18 comments:

  1. I love your card ,Your daughter is going to be very happy!Hugs Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing short of FABULOUSNESS Terra!!! I'm in awe!!! Love, Love, Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! ANd I LOVE the charm! What a great idea! I am sure your daughter will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat charm is a SUPER fabulous idea!! Awesome coloring too. The whole card rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. It's fabulous!

    I really love the concept of making the cat into a charm, putting it on a necklace, so she can wear it and remember her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so incredibly awesome! I love how you incorporated the jewelry as part of the card. Great idea and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the charm actually comes off for a necklace... brilliant! Fabulous, Terra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. My dd would love that necklace also. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That charm is so lovely, and a great addition to the card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the charm!!! great card, your daughter is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! This is such a fun card. Love the charms and especially the way you did the kitty kat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the way you've framed London't cat - too cool!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, great card and super awesome idea with the wearable charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! She's so pretty and diva-like...just like your daughter!!! Ha ha. She's going to love it. I would love it. Will you make me one? I really need some more jewelry :)

    I love the background paper fo'sho! The whole thing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo awesome Terra! I love the paper, that is so cool, Ive never heard of black on the inside! Love it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors for this card.....totaly perfect

    ReplyDelete