Thursday, April 1, 2010

Smeared and Smudged Member Hop

Hi everyone! Welcome to the second Smeared and Smudged Forum Member Hop! Today in honor of April Fool's Day, we've themed our projects around a "surprise" or something unusual or unexpected. You're sure to enjoy all the wonderful projects that the S&S members have in store for you, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the hop!

My project today is very simple. My daughter likes to sleep with a nightlight, and it was about time that we upgraded from the plain one she has now. SO, I decided to make her one! I do have to warn you, because of some unforseen circumstances, I did not get to completely finish my project. I plan on hanging some black beading from the bottom of the frame, and it still needs to be attached to the actual light, but you can see the idea of it in the pics.

The first picture shows it in plain light, so you can see the microbead and glitter details on the frame. I used the "Shadow Thingies" Set from Smeared Ink because I think it's whymsical and fun, and looks like it would work well in a kids room. To play along with the kid whymsy, I used watercolors to color.


*click pics to view larger

This picture is what it looks like with the lights off.


Like I said before, I'm planning on adding a few more details, but I'm really happy with how it turned out and I think it will look great in the room! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it, so feel free to leave a comment.

To see what the other hop participants have in store, use the links at the bottom of this post and be sure to leave them all some love. I know I can't wait to hop! And in honor of our surprise themed hop, I also have another surprise for you!

During April, Smeared Ink is hosting it's first Customer Challenge Contest! Since we now have stamp sets in stock and being used, we'd like to reward our customers with an opportunity to win a not-yet-released Smeared Ink set!

Here's how you play:
From April 1st through April 22, enter as many online challenges that you can find using a Smeared Ink stamp image on your entry. In your entry description or entry title, be sure to label it as a Smeared Ink image (it must be labeled as Smeared ink or it doesn't count). On the 22nd, email us a list of challenges that you entered, along with the link to your entry. We'll tally them up on the 23rd and the person with the most challenge entries will win!


Here's The Prize:
Meet Jack! He's a creepy little fellow who likes to give you the heebie-jeebies. Talk about a toy with an attitude! Jack will be available to order in the future, but for now he's only available through our customer contest.



We can't wait to see the projects you are able to come up with for all those challenges out there, so have fun with it!

Now, enjoy the rest of the S&S Member Hop, and be sure to visit us over on the Smeared and Smudged Forum!

Alison

Kelli

Meredith

Michelle

Kathi

Kim

Lisa

Danielle

Alex

Jean

Monica

Sarah

Erica

Black Dragon

Kymberly

Steph

Lady Brayton

Barb

18 comments:

  1. What a cool nightlight! I think it's such a great idea! And the Shadow Thingies stamps are purrrfect for this! Please post pics of it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah
    THAT FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Terra! It's gorgeous!

    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and whimsical night light! Great colors and I can imagine the beading... it's fabulous both on AND off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. G O R G E O U S Terra!!!!!!!! can you make me one???????

    ;)

    xoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The night light is totally rad! It rocks hardcore. LOVE it!!

    AND THAT STAMP SET!! is the design team able to win??? just kidding, but it is really hot. LOVE that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaking awesome Terra! Off to see the other projects, how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's adorable. I love the colors. How 'bout a bedtime story to go with the scene?

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the night light... what a fantastic idea. i used the shadow thingy's too... i love them... love all your stamps actually!
    Thanks for allowing me on your Dt... i shall always do my best... maybe no one will like it but it'll be my best!
    Thank you Terra... xxxlynx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is rad Terra!!! I hope its going to be in the tutorial section soon :) I cant wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Tera! I love it! Sorry to comment so late on our hop. I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for a night light! Love those swirls and how they show up even when lit. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea! I might have to steal it from you! BTW...I posted my first SI project. I had so much fun playing with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so freakin' cool! love the colors... and that new stamp set ROCKS! I'm off to order some stamps so I can play in the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terra- I love this! What a fun project and I better you daughter loves it too. I really like the way the colors are different and how you made this so whimsical! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your nightlight is wonderful, I hope your daughter likes it :)
    And thanks for the fun blg hop, it was great to see so many different creations :D

    ReplyDelete