Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bombshell Hump Day Blog Hop Today

Welcome to March's Bombshell Hump Day Hop! It's been a while since I've had the chance to participate in one of the hops, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use one of my all time favorite materials to work with...METAL!!!

Kas is our new blog hop captain, and this month she challenged us to make something on metal, with metal, around metal, or about "metal"; I'm sure you get the point. I took the challenge literally, and since I love working with soda cans, I decided to cut one up and use a sheet of it as the base of my design.
*click to view larger


I used the butterfly images from "Butterfly Queen" and stamped them with Stazon, then colored with Bic markers. Then from the back I rubbed "bubbles" into the metal using the marker tip.

The glitter images on my card base come from the "Pinstriping" set. I colored them with Bics as well, and then covered with irridescent glitter. Although the lighting of my picture is not fabulous, I hope you can see it well enough and enjoy the card.

So, if it's been a while since you've hopped with Bombshell, or if you've never hopped, you may not be aware that there is an awesome prize! And here it is:



How can you win it you ask? Well, just leave a comment here on my blog and tell me what you think about my project. Then when you hop through to the other blogs, leave them a comment as well. Every comment gives you another chance at winning the March Prize Package.


Don't forget you can also enter the Bombshell Sketch Challenge and the Monthly Challenge for EVEN MORE chances to win!


Here is the list of the other participants, so hop along and enjoy!

Kathi

Katie

MaryG

Steph

Erika

Sy

Angie

BoHoRose

Stempelientje

Cheryl

Cassie

Crafty Saffy

Meredith

QueenBScraps

Cynthia

Patti

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful butterfly card you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. terra!!! WOWWWWWWW!! i need a tutorial on how to work with soda cans...knowing me i'd slice the heck out of my fingers!!!

    i smell a tutorial coming up? ;)

    beautiful card, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

    soooooo lovely!

    xoxo
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is cool! It never even occurred to me to utilize empty soda cans in my crafty pursuit. I love up-cycling! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you used a soda can! My Grandfather used to make amazing things with soda cans too! Your card looks awesome! Love that pinstriping set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsa! A cut up pop can - never would've thought of that myself! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is so cool. Love the recycling and love how you cut away for the stamps on the side!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pinstriping on the card. Great job!
    marilyn2222 @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How that is COOL Terra. I never thought of using cans. You are so darn brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- I had never thought to work with soda cans! This looks amazing, almost like some expensive silk textile at first glance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful butterflies, Terra! Love that they are on a soda can base... recycling has never looked so good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Upcycling a soda can...! I love it! Your project is magnificent and very inspiring ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh cool!! I love how you used the metal can & coloured right on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo...pretty shiny things....boy does this card make me happy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had my eye on the 'pinstripy' stamps because they are swirly and versatile, thanks for glittering them up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bright colors on the foil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Deb ... although we've already proven that her & I think alike :)

    At first glance it does look like expensive silk. You did a great job coloring the images! And what a great idea using a pop can! I'd be interested in a tutorial too. I have plenty of empty pop cans laying about :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Totally fabulous. I love the softness of the butterfy images against the metallic texture and shine of the can. You used the swashes from the Pinstriping set really well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a WOW factor wtg thanks for the opportunity
    ( mitz_zee@yahoodotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your project using metal....It is so Unique..You always dare to be different Terra!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the effect you created with rubbing the bubbles into the metal. The whole card looks really art deco or even asian. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so unique and beautiful I am speechless. Looks very moroccan to me, so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovin' it!! Crafty Mom of 2 has a point, I would love a tutorial for using soda cans... in particular, how to keep the metal from curling!!! Mine tend to like to stay vaguely in the shape of a can.

    ReplyDelete