Saturday, November 14, 2009

All I Want For Christmas Is Gesso

After reviewing my blog post from the past couple of weeks, I realized that I have been thoroughly neglecting my beloved Prickley Pear stamps. So when I sat down to make something yesterday I decided to pull out my new sheet of Christmas images. Then I sat. And sat. I could not think of anything to make!!!!! My brain must have been really drained; I had no mojo. At least I didn't until I glanced in the mirror.

No, I'm not trying to be snobby. I glanced at the CLOTHING I was wearing and got a color and layout idea! My shirt yesterday was a really pretty floral printed tank in black and white, and I covered it with a cropped red button up sweater. It looked great together, and inspired my gesso card.


*click for bigger pics


I started this card by masking with some mask shapes from Tim Holtz, and then covering them with white gesso. After I peeled the masks off, I was left with an awesome flower print. The top half of the card is a really sultry red velvet paper, which is hard to see in the picture, but super soft. I used the Retro Trees Ornament from Prickley Pear on glossy paper, and mounted that on top of a line of ribbon and black tulle. The final touch was the black buttons in the corners.

I LOVE this card! I think it's elegant and pretty, and still has a little Smeared and Smudged influence. I'd love to hear what you think about it. Tomorrow I'll be sharing another gesso card that I made using Prickley Pears. Until then...

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a friend of Kelli the cajumstampingqueen and she told me about your site today!
    I LOVE your Gesso card! Very elegant I think! Neithe smeared nor smudged, but surely "Smeared & Smudged!" Keep on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super pretty, i love the tool(unsure how to spell that right :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color scheme and design. I like it!

    ReplyDelete