Friday, October 2, 2009

Grim Reaper Goodness

Day 2 and counting...
Welcome back! In case you didn't know already, 31 Days of Halloween started yesterday on Smeared and Smudged, and I am definitely getting in the spirit! I'm so totally engrossed in everything Halloween already that I wanted to make a little traveling buddy to accompany me wherever I go. Plus, I couldn't wait to use the Grim Reaper stamp from Prickley Pear! So, I made a keychain.

This was a really easy project and the end product is stunning! I used five things: stamp images from Prickley Pear, clay, paint, silver wire, and a swivel clasp from Tim Holtz. After stamping, cutting, and baking the clay, I got to go at it and do what I do with layers of paint. It was a blast! Take a look...


*click pics for larger views*




Now, I know it's slightly big and gaudy for a keychain, but that's just how I roll. I can't wait to see the reaction when I carry this guy around! I forgot to mention, the skull was also made from clay and painted. I'm loving the clay! So let me know what you're thinking about today's project, and join me tomorrow for a very special Bombshell World Card Making Day Hop!

11 comments:

  1. DUDE! That is flippin awesome!!!!! You know what word to use instead of flippin!!!

    You were right, I love it. So totally not what I expected when we talked about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! This is really awesome! You are so creative! I love Halloween and am excited to see what you create everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I'd totally carry that! Right now I have a big wooden Frankengirl on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to carry this keychain. I'm seriously thinking about making one myself. Thanks, Terra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'd definitely carry it too.
    Sign me up for the Blog Candy! I just put your button up on my website: http://www.goddessaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that? Your making me want to try to use clay...

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool. I would carry one like that too. *scurries off to play with her clay*

    By the way I added a button to my blog
    http://stitchinwitchsratcage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool key chain. Great job on the reaper. What kind of clay are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used super sculpey, which dries like ceramic when you bake it :) Next time I think I might try air-dry clay though, to see if the consistency is different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with thIS! I need to get over my fear of clay and get messy!

    ReplyDelete