Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble...

Day four of 31 Days of Halloween! Yay! Thank you to all of you who have been leaving me such wonderful comments, it's really neat hearing what you think about my ideas. I'm having a blast creating all sorts of Halloween goodies for you to see!

Which brings me to my question: Have you seen all those cool looking Halloween jars that everyone seems to have/make/sell now? Well, I HAVE! I've been wanting to start a collection that I can keep for the past few years and just never got around to making any (and I refuse to pay $15 and up for one that's a jar and a sticker, I mean REALLY? SERIOUSLY?). But, I finally sat down and made one.

What inspired me, you ask? Well, it was the cool looking Cholula wooden top. We recycle anything we can, and when we were gathering our box of goodies to take out to the bin, I noticed yet another empty jar of Cholula sitting in the box...we eat it on popcorn and go through several a month. Anyways, I thought to myself "I could have had a pretty good collection by now if I had been saving these." So, I started my collection!






For this first jar I used a gnome witch stamp, saying, black cat and spider from Third Coast Rubber Stamps. The spiderweb is from Bombshell. All of it is embossed in black on my deco paper, and I used alcohol inks along the edges of the labels and images to give it that gray look. Then me and my 3yo filled it with green maggots! I mean, er, green dyed rice.

I have to say, I'm not completely happy with it because I put the top label on all wonky and couldn't get it to sit right. But overall, not bad for a first try. Plus I have lots of ideas swimming in my brain for future jars, so for now I'm off to serve my family some popcorn.

Oh yeah, almost forgot!! The winner (chosen by random number generator) of the card assortment from yesterday's World Card Making Day post is...AnnaManna!!! AnnaManna, I'll be in contact today to get your mailing info. I hope you enjoy the cards, congrats!!

10 comments:

  1. I love it. I think I will have to get me a gnome witch stamp as she is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool I added the banner to my blog and made something put it on your ning Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked bottle!!! You inspired me to dig a bottle out of our recyle container and get crafting! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously amazing potion bottle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to google Cholula because that is a cool potion bottle you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like tabasco sauce :) We found a mini-bottle yesterday that my oldest is carrying with her to school, her friendds were teasing her about eating it on popcorn so now it's a joke. Anyways, the bottle is about half this size so I can't wait to get my hands on it when it's empty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh! I am so challenged today! I'll blame it on the illness. Last chance

    ReplyDelete